A belt conveyor is a motor-powered loop of material that is wrapped around drive rollers, load-bearing rollers and pulleys for the continuous conveyance of bulk and piece goods. Belt conveyors with a troughed carrying belt are used primarily for bulk materials.
- Drive station with driving drum and drive motor
- Tensioning station with tensioning drum and tensioning device
- Weight-loaded tensioning stations
- Frame construction made as a tube, IPE, lattice boom or U construction
- Conveyor belt
- Monitoring equipment, e.g. belt misalignment switch and rip cord emergency switch